My Recommendations for Improving Our Nation’s Health
by Janice Curtin, WAPF Volunteer Chapter Leader, Alexandria, Virginia
If we had good health, we would not need care! My philosophy is that good health is dependent on what we put in our mouths, how we digest and metabolize it, and our ability to avoid toxins. Addressing these issues is real prevention!
1. Get drug ads off television again. Leave this subject to the doctor and patient. That should reduce use of a lot of dangerous, expensive and useless drugs. It would also mean the media would not be “owned” by Big Pharma and would be free to air stories on the root cause of health and natural remedies.
2. Retain our right to sue for bad care or vaccine injury. Pharma would then have to make safer drugs and vaccines, resulting in less injury and illness.
photo credit: Photos8.com
3. Change the Farm program to quit subsidizing corn and wheat and soy beans, foods that make us fat and ill. It’s really just a subsidy to agribusiness anyway.
4. Change the food pyramid to Sally Fallon’s (Weston A Price Foundation) idea of the four food groups. This would reduce the recommendation to consume a lot of grain, which makes people gain weight and recommend healthful natural fats again.
5. Offer a cheap, high deductible health insurance option — $2500, $5000, 10,000 deductible. With the money you save monthly, you can put away the 5-10,000 for emergencies.
6. Educate people about how to care for themselves and their kids. Read “How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor” by Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D.
7. Reduce or get rid of vaccines. Educate people and make vaccines optional.
8. Reduce x-rays and scans that are dangerous.
9. Get mercury out of people’s mouths.
10. Get fluoride and chlorine out of our water. Free clean drinking water should be free to all.
11. Ban industrial bread and cereals. Enforce our food laws that ban adulterated and imitation foods or label them as such. Label foods grown with pesticides.
12. Ban dyes, chemical additives and addictive additives.
13. Change school lunch to real food properly prepared.
14. Require that Weston Price’s research be taught in school. I just re-read the findings about people in Switzerland… no police needed…. no depression, no need to lock doors.
15. Pass health freedom legislation so people can use less expensive options that heal the root cause of illness. Treat all forms of medicine and healing equally. Quit making allopathic drug medicine the only accepted form of care in America.
16. Help people obtain catastrophic health insurance so they do not lose their homes and jobs if they are in an accident or get a serious disease.
17. Educate people about the work of Dr. Weston A. Price. People would learn how to eat so their children have straight teeth and good bone structure. It would save them a lot of money on orthodontics. For two children it would be about $10-12,000 at least. They can use this savings to pay for their catastrophic insurance.
18. Educate people about the importance of eating all dairy products raw or fermented and all grains soaked. Extruded factory processed breakfast cereals are toxic. These two things would dramatically reduce illness.
Janice Curtin is a long-time member of the Weston A. Price Foundation and the Price-Pottenger Foundation. Janice’s philosophy is that to have good health and reduced health costs we must eat nutrient dense farm food, digest and metabolize it well, and avoid toxins. Our nutrition determines how our genes express.She grew up on an Iowa farm on a diet of real farm food and raw milk. She has a degree in Education from the University of Northern Iowa and a masters degree in Liberal Studies from Georgetown University. She has worked in Legislative Affairs on Capitol Hill and at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. She is a WAPF chapter leader, coordinates nutrition talks, and maintains a drop site at her home for over forty families to obtain nutrient dense farm food. She also works with a TBM practitioner (Total Body Modification) who uses a whole body approach to healing.Paid Endorsement Disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of renumeration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.